RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL ARRANGMENTS
We have put together some useful information to help safeguard our customers and drivers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note we will update this notice inline with the GOV easing restrictions in future.
The general rules outlined by the Department for Transport have confirmed that private hire drivers are allowed to continue working during the current COVID-19 crisis.
The general advice is to follow the GOV guidelines of staying alert, controlling the virus and saving lives.
Both drivers and customers should take every care whilst traveling by private hire. Some of the best advice is to always wash your hands as soon as you get home after using a private hire vehicle.
If you have any concerns or special arrangements please Get In Touch.
The following measures have been introduced at Atlantic Cars to safeguard our customers and drivers:
- Drivers to carry hand sanitiser in vehicles.
- We recommend both drivers and customers to wear a mask in vehicles.
- Customers to sit at the back of vehicles.
- If any customers show symptoms, we advise you not to use the taxi service.
- We will follow the guidelines of the GOV with respect to easing restrictions.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze and place used tissues in the bin immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes and nose with your hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as often as possible for at least 20 secs.
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Dry your hands after washing with disposable towels.
- Avoid close contact with those who are not well.
- Drivers to use disinfectants to clean vehicles which have contact with their hands. Examples include steering wheel, hand brake, boot and door handles.
- Drivers to use disposable latex gloves when handling customer luggage.
- Minimum cash handling, debit and credit card options available to pay for journey.
- Minimum handling of luggage for drivers, unless the customer is elderly and needs assistance.